Meet Dr. Daniel Rivera, MD, DABPMR, DABAPM
Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Dr. Daniel Rivera is a board certified Pain Management, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation specialist. He graduated with honors, earning his MD from the Ponce School of Medicine. Doctor Rivera specializes in interventional pain relieving techniques such as spine injections, joint injections, bursa and other soft tissue injections, nerve blocks, radiofrequency ablation treatments, sympathetic ganglion blocks, spinal cord stimulation, discography, botulinum toxin (e.g., Botox®) injections, as well as, the use of stem cells, platelet rich plasma (PRP) and prolotherapy for regenerative treatment in chronic musculoskeletal disorders.
- Regenerative Medicine
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
Education & Medical Training
Research and Publications
- Ethnic Differences in Perception of Pain After Joint Replacement Surgery.
Zirovich, M, Rivera, D Clinical Research: Greater Los Angeles VA Healthcare System, Status: Data collection
- Degree of Radiographic Lumbar Zygapophysial Joint Arthritis at Initial Medial Branch Block or Zygapophysial Joint Injection.
Rivera D, Cohen J, Sherman A, Mena J Clinical Research: University of Miami Healthcare System, Status: Completed, Submitting for publication.
- Impact of Pre-Surgical Health Factors on Outcomes After Hip or Knee Replacement.
Felix ER, Rivera D, Francavilla MD, Brown MD Clinical Research: Miami VA Healthcare System – IRB Approved, Status: Data collection
- “Baclofen Overdose Following Missed Diagnosis of Intrathecal Catheter Tip Occlusion: A Case Report”
Rivera D, Mena J
- Poster presented at the AAPM&R 2012 Annual Assembly, November 2012.
- Journal Publication: PM&R – October 2012, Vol. 4, Issue 10, Supplement, Page S281
- “Correlation Between Body Mass Index and the Need for Total Knee Replacement in a Group of Latin Patients with Knee Osteoarthritis”.
Rivera D, Colon-Gomez C
- Poster presented at the 2010 Ponce School of Medicine Annual Science Fair, June 2010
- Journal Publication: Boletin: Asociacion Medica de Puerto Rico. Año 103, Num 2; Abril-Junio 2011
- “Patterns of Nosocomial MRSA Infections in San Lucas II Hospital, Ponce PR”
Rivera, D, Pinero, J, Garcia-Gubern C
- Poster presented at 2008 Ponce School of Medicine Annual Science Fair, June 2008