Your Path to Living Headache Free
Begins with Your First Appointment
5-Step Approach to Assessing and Controlling Your Headaches
We take a holistic and integrative 5-Step approach to the diagnosis and treatment of your headaches and migraines.
- Step #1 – Complete Medical History. This baseline comprehensive data is the first building block in identifying your type of headaches and possible triggers.
- Step #2 – Nutritional Assessment. Eating behaviors are the number one contributor to headache and migraines. We will thoroughly assess your eating habits to determine if you can benefit from an elimination diet.
- Step #3 – Blood and Imaging Tests. Underlying conditions often contribute to chronic migraines and headaches. These non-invasive diagnostic tests may be ordered and can be instrumental in determining the most effective treatment strategy.
- Step #4 – Pain Measurements. You’ll be asked to complete a headache episode questionnaire which will be scored to determine impact on daily activities. You will also receive a customized headache log to document and assess, frequency, severity and relief obtained from diet modification and pain relievers.
- Step #5 – Personalized Treatment Plan. Upon a thorough assessment of your Medical History, Nutrition habits, Diagnostic tests and Pain Measurement, our specialists will recommend a personalized treatment plan depending on severity of your pain. Treatment strategies may include both outpatient and inpatient modalities.